Proofed’s top-rated proofreading services help you complete your work with confidence, knowing the writing is error-free and flows well from start to finish.
Clear, Concise Writing
Our proofreading service is all about making sure you can communicate your meaning as clearly and effectively as possible. This makes it great for putting a final polish on your work. Whether you’re submitting an academic paper or publishing a book, our proofreaders have you covered.
What Our Proofreading Services Include
Our professional proofreading service includes the following:
- Correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Tweaking sentences to ensure that they flow smoothly
- Adapting vocabulary to suit the document type and purpose
- Removing repetition and editing for concision
- Fixing inconsistencies, including in capitalisation and punctuation
- Highlighting unclear sentences and suggesting corrections
- Where applicable, checking that citations and references are clear and correct
How We Work
You’ll never miss a deadline with our speedy services: our Next-Day Guarantee means we’ll return any document up to 8,000 words long within 24 hours.
And if you need a faster turnaround, simply select your desired delivery speed when you submit your document. We have three options:
We can also meet custom deadlines! Just let us know what you need.
* For documents up to 8,000 words
** For documents up to 3,000 words
Our pricing is affordable and transparent – the cost is based on the exact length of your document. Check out our pricing calculator for an instant quote, and rest assured that you’ll receive the highest quality proofreading and editing for the best value on the market.
All Major Formats
Our system supports over 15 document formats, making it easy to submit content for proofreading and editing. Click the link below to find out more about how we’ll work with your document.
Our team of over 750 professional editors includes experts on thousands of topics. As a result, we can pair you with the perfect proofreader for your writing, no matter the subject.
Our support team is available around the clock to address any concerns or questions you have about your order. This means you’ll never be left in the dark, no matter where you are or what time it is.
Proofreading vs Copy Editing
You may have heard both of these terms, but how are they different? Technically, copy editing differs from proofreading in the traditional sense. In the old days:
- ‘Proofreading’ meant checking a printed proof. This ‘proof’ was an early version of a typeset text, so all a proofreader would do is look for typos.
- ‘Copy editing’ was the last step in the editing process before a text was typeset. It usually involved editing a document so that it followed a specific style guide.
This distinction is looser with most modern proofreading services. For example, we combine traditional proofreading with some elements of copy editing. But proofreading is always about making minor changes.
If you’re looking for more extensive changes to your writing, we also offer an editing service.